Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One For Me and One For You

I wanted to give the upstairs neighbor something as she has been so kind and I thought what's better than home made bread! I grabbed one of my tried and true cook books and found just the thing. A glazed raisin yeast bread. Simple 50's cooking at its best.

I decided that I wanted to make something a bit more intricate than just the loaves so I rolled it out after letting it rise once and cut it into strips. With some of the strips you can see I made balls and placed then into a large muffin pan. You can see it only holds six muffins at once so it was perfect for this bread. The other strips I took two at a time, twisted them together, then curled them into pinwheels and placed them in a 9" cake pan.

Baked everything for 25 minutes in a 375 degree oven, put them on the rack to cool, topped the final product with slivered almonds and a light drizzle of simple glaze, I think it made it bit more fancy. I also added some cinnamon to the dough for a bit of interest.

No comments: