Monday, February 9, 2009

The Owner Is Packing

Sammie is my Maine Coon. If any of you know what that is you know I have a handful. He is one of the largest breeds of cat, long haired and not too happy about all the boxes. I have been getting myself ready for my move to California to be with my fiancé. He has even gotten me an apartment that will accommodate me and Sammie and I am looking forward to being with him, but it seems that Sammie has other ideas.

I begin to pack a box and he sits in it. If I take him out and continue packing he howls at me, I really mean howl. These cats have some lungs are not afraid of being vocal. Let’s just say he can wake the baby one floor down from her. Well he howls and then gets back in the box. I think he might be unhappy about moving again. I am told this breed is really adaptable, but I think the two moves in one year are getting on his nerves. Can’t blame him really I don’t want to move again for a while after this.

On top of the howling and sit-in protests in my boxes he has not let me sleep one night since I started past 6am. He also sits on me. He never does that, I mean I have had this cat for over 7 years now and he is sitting on me. He also won’t let me out of his site. I am told when I leave the house he mourns. Pacing around the house and howling. It’s not like he is alone, but he seems to fret that I might not return.

Well all this aside I think he will like being in California. Tim was always his favorite person and if I could just get it through to him that’s where we were going I am sure he would settle down. Sadly he is a cat and as such cannot be reasoned with so I will continue pushing him out of boxes and turning the music up to keep the howling from getting too beyond my threshold for paranoid cats.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah... He was always my favorite cat... I can't wait to see him again. :)