Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Have Arrived

A great many things have happened since I wrote last. I have made my move to California and am settling into my new apartment. I like to get myself situated as fast as possible, so needless to say I have one last box to empty and some books to take to the used book store downtown Sunnyvale today.

I am in desperate need of a love seat, some book cases for Tim's books, and perhaps a reading chair, but all that will come in time as I plan on furnishing most of the place with only things I find on Craig's List. I have been looking for a backers rack and I believe I will be picking one up this weekend from someone holding it for me and then the kitchen will be complete. I have two pictures here of the inside kitchen wall. There is no storage in this kitchen, seems to be a running theme in CA, so I built a pantry in the unused space. Does it seem that I might have too much tea?

It has been a challenge moving into a place of my own as I have never lived alone. Its a strange feeling waking up to no one, but Sammie. I have gotten out and found a nice cafe in downtown and a few other stores of importance, like Safeway, but I have yet to find my spot. I keep looking for the place that will make me feel like I live here, but I suppose as the furniture it too will come in time.

Ok everyone that's the update for now. I will write more here soon. I just seem to be busy getting my self settled so I have found little time to write, but do call if you are thinking of me. I almost always have time to chat. Just not while driving, I guess its illegal out here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home girl!