Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Life, Love, and The Pursuit of Coffee

I hold a hot to go cup in my hands to keep them warm as the morning chill is trying to crush my gungho spirit for walking back to work. There is no reason for this, I own a car. I could be driving. It has nothing to do with physical fitness, I go to the gym three days a week. No, it has to do with being outside. Need to be outside. Need fresh air and to see people around me doing what their mornings entail. I sit shut at a desk all day long doing tech support and helping people understand Linux. Then in a classroom for most of the evening. Then go to the gym where I put my head phones on, shut all people out to get a bit of peace while I run. Lets just say I don't have too many opportunities to just watch people be people.

Its a short walk from my office to this little cafe. This little home away from home when I am in need of silence, something hot to hold onto, and a way of being social. I have friends, family, and co-workers. All of whom are interesting and wonderful people in their own right, but lets face it, sometimes you just need to talk to a stranger and get a new perspective. That being said I didn't talk to anyone. Just said hello to the cafe owner and walked back to the office.

I love the onset of winter.

1 comment:

Chad said...

I love that coffee shop! And it's a nice little walk through downtown too.