Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Am In Love

The cool fragrant air of decay is beginning to creep into my room at night. The Aspen leaves changing to hues of yellow, red, and brilliant shimmering gold twisting off the new branches of summer as they draw all their strength in for the long Colorado winter months. The sounds of those leaves crunching below my feet, crackling down the side walks, and gently sliding to the ground with a soft crinkle are all things that I associate with Autumn. Fields of the summer sunflowers hanging their heads in shame to see such breathtaking beauty. I see pumpkins everywhere and I can smell the spices of the season; nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, and the ever present peppermint.

There is nothing like a hot cup of peppermint tea warming my hands while leaning against an almost bare tree where the sky opens up above me and the breeze whispers of magic. There are people in new coats wrapped in scarves and woolen hats. Everyone wrapped in comfort and warmth as I watch them rush here and there from my vantage point of peace and solitude.

No comments: