Thursday, March 12, 2009

Peppermint Tea

Its time. I have an appointment with a dentist who speaks Hindi, Punjabi and I really hope English, but that was not one of the "spoken" languages on the list describing her practice. However, she looked like the best choice as I was looking over the list provided to me by my new PPO. One thing I did notice is that not one of the dentists in my area graduated from any US school and they all seem to be from Iran or India. Ok there was one from Ohio, but really its the same thing. I picked the first one that “jumped out” at me and I will see her today. I know I need to go, but I really dread being yelled at in Hindi for what I know to be a crack in this back right molar. On the bright side I won't understand her.

I have been having trouble even eating for the last few weeks, I just know its cracked, but as I knew I would need insurance to cover this I have been waiting. Now with insurance card in hand I will be stepping into her office at 4:30 this afternoon for some chiding about waiting and hopefully the start of a new crown in the coming days. Therefore, I am sipping unsweetened peppermint tea, checking my email, reading my web comics, planning dinner (in hopes that I will be able to eat), and dreading what a small disappointed Indian woman might sound like swearing under her breath in Hindi. She could always do it in Punjabi I guess.

1 comment:

Chad said...

Punjabi, Coops, good :-)