Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ah, Paris

Tim and I found ourselves in San Fransisco yesterday, hungry and with sometime on our hands. Driving around in hopes of finding a nice cafe for some coffee for me and some breakfast for the both of us. Turning off the main streets we found ourselves in this little U neighborhood encircling this wonderful little park. We stopped at this little cafe next to historic South Park; we had no idea it was anything but a neighborhood till we saw the signs declaring it historic.

We got out to a bright and sunny morning with a crisp chill in the air and walked to this little cafe that I shouted, a little too enthusiastically, that we must go there. Walking through the doors we hear two people conversing in French, the host is in all black, there are only male staff and they are all in black too, and impossibly skinny. It is then I realize that this little experience is going to cost more than I wanted for just a cup of coffee and omlette. Searching over the menu my suspicions are confirmed. Breakfast is going to be over $15 each, but we stay as the atmosphere reminds us of a little Paris cafe, I do love that city.

It was everything I had hoped for when I shouted so emphatically the first time I saw it. The food was good, but the coffee, service and atmosphere were amazing. One sip of that coffee and I was in the kitchen of a wonderful French woman I met a few summers back. It was an amazing breakfast and could not be more pleased with it. We won't be going back unless we are willing to shell out a pretty penny, but it was worth every dime when the check finally came.

No comments: